To answer the question of Point of Sale System prices in Kenya properly we must understand that a a point of sale system is composed of two parts;
- Hardware : Which includes Computer, Barcode Scanner, Thermal Receipt Printer and Legal Requirement of an Electronic Fiscal Device( ESD/ETR). If you are using an Android Based POS System, You will Need and Android POS Terminal.
- Software: Which comprises of the Computer program along with the database system that will be used to record sales, manage inventory , staff and other useful daily records regarding the business operations. Examples of software includes RetailStar POS System, HotelStar POS System, Simba POS system , Robipos POS System, and Also And
Point of Sale Machine Prices
Computer Based POS System Components
|Components of a computer Based POS System|
- Ex- uk Computer System typically costs Kshs 10,000 -25,000* Depending on the the Model specifications
- Brand New Computer System typically costs Kshs 40,000 -100,000 Depending on the the specifications
- Hand Held Barcode Scanner costs Kshs 6,500- 20,000 depending on the Model
- Table Mount Barcode Scanner costs Kshs 13,500- 25,000 depending on the Model
- Cash Drawer costs Kshs 6,500-20,000 depending on the Model
- Thermal Receipt Printer: Costs Kshs 13,500- 25,000 depending on the Model and features ie Whether it supports Ethernet Blue
Mobile Based POS System ComponentsAndroid POS Devices
|Android Hand Held POS Device with Inbuilt Printer|
|Android POS System with Phone and Bluetooth Printer|
- Android Hand Held POS devices prices Range From Kshs 30,000-50,000
- Bluetooth Printer price is Kshs 6,500
- Tablet or Mobile Ideal for POS Phone Costs Kshs 10,000-30,000
Point of Sale Software PricesPoint of sale software price varies widely depending on vendor, system features, deployment scenario. In some cases the cost varies according to number of users or terminals. Its also worth noting that some software vendors charge monthly or annually for the use of their software(subscription based)
That said, the indicative prices.
Computer Based POS Software Prices
- QuickBooks POS pricing starts at Kshs 100,000 as a one-time payment. There is not a free version of QuickBooks POS. QuickBooks POS does offer a free trial.
- RetailStar POS System for Supermarkets , Hardware Shops and other Retailers price Starts fromKshs 20,000
HotelStar POS System prices Starts From Kshs 40, 000
RobiPOS System price starts From Kshs 40, 000
Mobile( Android Based POS) Software Prices
- Sellio Android POS System Prices Starts From Kshs 10,000 per device with a monthly subscription of Ksh 500
ConclusionThe typical costs of deployment of a point of sale system in Kenya therefore starts from Kshs 40,000 for the simplest deployment with software, Ex-uk computer, cash drawer and a thermal printer. The cost will vary upwards depending on the various factors earlier mentioned.
It is the onus of the business owner to enquire extensively on the price and functionality of the system from the vendor. It is also important to note that its not the cheapest POS system that will suit the Business but one that meets the business requirements in terms of daily operations and available Reports.
Please consult extensively and request for demos. If you will need to consult on the right POS system for your business you can consult with the writer on the following contacts.
Call /Whatsapp 0792 022 994 or send enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org